"Quality in projects is the correspondence and the degree of fulfilment of the project results (product or service) with the requirements of the client."
Quality management and project management are two highly developed disciplines. Quality management is a continuous process in companies and projects have temporary character of introducing change. The quality in projects will also consider methods of quality management in the company. The tasks of quality management in projects include:
- Clearly define the objectives of the project outcome (final product / service)
- Planning for the handling and achievement of quality in the project (Quality Management Plan)
- Knowledge carriers turn early and seek at certain intervals to release the results achieved
- Setup an adequate reporting on project progress and define cyclical status meetings where "escalation" and "deviations" are treated
- Prevention rather than reaction: Integrate quality measures in the project activities, as if they were ordinary operations
- When using waterfall methods: Terms of approval procedures of individual work packages and project phases by "quality gates" (a review of the project results the preliminary phase)
- When using Scrum: Use of "review phase" at the end of "sprints" to determine what was achieved and not achieved. Not reached contents remain in the "Product Backlog" and are candidates of following "sprints"
- Early involvement of the client or prospective user in the test or release / acceptance phase
- Simulation and testing of the product or service under real conditions
- Scheduling a acceptance procedure by the contracting authority to prevent later complaints
- Management of risks
- Integration of quality management measures in the overall project planning
We support companies in the introduction, adaptation and implementation of its quality management
- Analysis of project objectives and project context, raised quality standards and the supporting policies and measures to setup an integrated quality plan
- Definition, planning and execution of appropriate tests to achieve the defined quality standards (test concept, test plan, test cases)
- Use or definition of quality criteria and cyclic checking for compliance with quality standards (quality control)
- Quality enhancements by professionalization of the quality management (structural improvements in the policies and practices and process improvements from ongoing experience quality assurance)
How can we help you? Depending on the situation in the form of consultancy, interim management, executive coaching and training.
- Consulting: Introduction of a quality management for software distribution in accordance with ISO / IEC 9126 (quality characteristics for software systems) with test planning, test case generation and execution of tests and process models for evaluating abnormalities, bug fixes and clearances / approvals
- Interim Management: Test management in infrastructure projects