"Project Risk is a measure of the probability of events and their impact thereof on the project objective." In practice, events or conditions are considered which have a negative impact on the project objective.
Risks are part of projects and they cannot therefore be ruled out from the outset. Identifying and managing risks is one of the central tasks of project management. The art lies in the early detection, the honest naming, a realistic assessment of the consequences and the formulation and execution of countermeasures. A known and managed thread can also a chance/opportunity for the project. The tasks of risk management include:
- Planning for the handling and management of risks in projects (RMP: risk management plan)
- Setup and structure, care and systematic control of a risk register
- Regular identification of new risks, evaluation and formulation of countermeasures
- Tracking the execution of countermeasures so that the risk comes true (risk occurs)
- Integration of risk (uncertainty) in the project plans
- Use of governance structures in order to agree the responsibility of countermeasures
- Manage Quality
We support companies in the introduction, adaptation and implementation of their risk management
- Analysis of project objectives and the project context, establishing and implementing an adequate risk control
- Managing troubleshooting, professionalization of risk management (adaptation of the risk register and processes of risk identification and execution of countermeasures)
- Regular analysis of risk registers and possible countermeasures for preparing position papers and management reports
- Planning and selection of methods for risk identification, implementation and reworking
How can we help you? Depending on the situation in the form of consultancy, interim management, executive coaching and training.
- Consulting: Support project management and risk reporting at board level by cyclic evaluation of the risk situation and development of recommendations for the prevention, reduction, transfer or acceptance of risk positions